Become a Caregiver
Serving with Love and Grace
Non-Medical Companion Care
Looking for a job that has purpose? Make a difference in someone’s life by inquiring today!
Caregiver Job Description
Joyful Companions Home Care is a faith-based, family owned local company in Minneapolis. Caregivers quickly become a part of our supportive environment and enjoy the flexible hours. We provide regular trainings that foster growth and connection with our team.
Caregiving may include:
- Meal planning and preparation
- Light housekeeping
- Memory care support
We look for compassionate individuals with a heart for serving seniors and people in need. Each caregiver is thoughtfully placed with our client families to encourage a long-lasting relationship.
'You have filled my heart with greater joy' -Psalm 4:7
What our Caregivers are saying:
- Feel seen, valued, and listened to.
- Enjoy having flexible part time schedules.
- Being a senior companion gives me purpose.
- In-person and ongoing trainings, weekly emails, and thorough care plans.
- Accessible round-the-clock support.
- Clients are grateful and wonderful to work with.
- Great communication, resources and support as a team of caregivers.
- Rewarding to help seniors stay in their own homes.
- Office staff is responsive and helpful as they care deeply about client needs.
- Best job I’ve ever had!
- A caring heart and a passion for serving others.
- Experience helping others, preferably working with seniors in a home care setting.
- Experience working with Alzheimer’s disease and/or dementia.
- Reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license, and current car insurance.
- Ability to carry up to 25 pounds, to be helpful with activities of daily living.
- Flexibility and reliability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Clean background and driving record.
- A minimum of 3 strong personal/character references.
“Caregiving is a wonderful experience. While serving and helping others, I feel blessed to have also gained personal fulfillment and joy.”
–Caregiver, Sarah C.
“Working for Joyful Companions has been so very rewarding. Being invited into the homes of our clients and treated like a true friend has been a blessing that I hold dear. I have always had the utmost respect for the entire staff. Your dedication, focus and purpose is inspiring. I say with all honesty your personal ability to identify, train and retain caregivers is extraordinary. Every single client I have ever had the honor to serve has had nothing but praise for every caregiver they have met. What a testimony and peace of mind for me as well! The grace and compassion shared by your staff/caregivers unites us all.“
–Caregiver, Gloria F.
“I have ‘worked’ with JC for 5 years. I enjoy getting up and serving seniors. Each client adds joy to my life. As I help with a variety of tasks, I am helping them to be able to stay in their home. As I share life with them, I believe they help me to see them not just as an older person. They have worth and value to me. The staff is always kind, gracious, a listening ear, and willing to help.”
–Caregiver, Sue D.
–Caregiver, Connie W.